Sunday, December 21, 2008

Musicals

Maddie and Dad at WickedCathie and Maddie at Wicked
Cathie, Maddie, Em and I went to see the musical Wicked last night at the Detroit Opera House. It was Cathie's second time seeing it and my first time. Cathie had gotten the tickets from a friend and they were a bit high up in the balcony (fifth row from the back).Detroit Opera House

I really liked the Wicked. If you've never seen Wicked, it's the back story around the Witches and a bunch of other characters in the Wizard of Oz. I liked the music, but even more than that the story and how they linked it with The Wizard of Oz. The story and the mood of the whole thing was fun. Cathie and I were ranking the different musicals we'd seen and here's my list:

  1. Les Miserables - My all time favorite. I don't think anything will ever take this off the top of the list. I love the music and the story in this more than all the others combined.
  2. Rent
  3. Wicked
  4. Lion King
  5. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
  6. Cats
  7. Phantom of the Opera
  8. Moving Out
  9. Miss Saigon
  10. Chorus Line

3 comments:

Will said...

Dude, you have a top 10 list of Broadway musicals? sigh....

Sarah said...

Your Top 10 list is the reverse order of mine. Les Mis made me want to kill myself.

BTW, I wanted to tell all you Michigan-ders that if Avenue Q ever comes your way, you MUST see it. It's like Sesame Street, but with adult issues. You will laugh so hard that you will go into Silent Laugh Mode.

Madie said...

Dad Dad Dad when will you learn Emily DID NOT I reapeat DID NOT see Wicked with us it was only YOU ME AND MOM