Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day 2009 Pics!

Dave, Dad and Dan
We celebrated Father's Day on Friday for my Dad. My Dad has a tradition where he likes to spend Father's Day first with his two favorite children (Dan and I) followed by the lesser children (Susan and Dan, which he was with on Sunday). Much like Joseph with his coat of many colors in the bible, my Dad asked Dan and I to both wear green shirts to show his favoritism over us. (He should have asked Dan to get a haircut as well).
Nate, Maddie, Em and DaveNate and Dave
On Sunday, we celebrated my father's day. The kids got me a new coffee maker and a couple of very nice airsoft guns. Em and Maddie made me some special cards. Em's had this great message from her heart, "If all of the Dad's were lined up in a row for me to choose a Dad, I would choose you."
Em and DaveMaddie and Dave
I spent the day hanging out in the hammock reading, enjoying the weather. At one point I was foolish enough to go for a run in the stupid humidity about passed out. We finished the evening with pizza and margaritas (for Cathie and I).
Chilling out on Fathers Day in the hammock
I have an amazing Dad who has been a fantastic role model for me in terms of what it means to be a man and a Dad. I also have the best father-in-law a guy could ask for! He's a great Dad and and grandpa as well.


No comments: