Saturday, March 27, 2010

Jerome "The Bus" Bettis

Jerome Bettis by fusionmonkey
On my flight to LA, I flew through Atlanta and was upgraded to first class.  As I watched the guy in front of me sit down, I swore it was Jerome "The Bus" Bettis.  After the flight attendant called him "Mr. Bettis", I was pretty sure.  If you've never heard of The Bus, he plays for the Steelers, and is #5 in the NFL for all time rushing yards.  He's a Detroit native, one a bunch of super bowls and been to the pro bowl 6+ times.  After we landed, he was kind enough to give me an autograph for Nate, which I got in my handy-dandy Xerox notebook:
Jerome Bettis by fusionmonkey
When Bettis asked me how to spell Nate's name, my brother Dan's suggestion was the best one, which was to spell it "E-Bay User".  He was a nice guy from my brief conversation with him.  He was very up-front about his hatred of Sidney Crosby, which is how I know he's a true Detroit native.

1 comment:

phil said...

really? a sidney crosby hater? that makes me respect him so much more. and i thought he was a stand up guy before.