Monday, March 28, 2011

Crossroads Youth Group Paintball

Crossroads Paintball 2011
We had our annual Crossroads Youthgroup Paintball event yesterday.  We've been doing this for 15 years, not to mention playing it at camp every summer.  I'm not saying this makes me a commando, but I've asked repeatedly to participate in Ops with Delta Force based solely on my paintballs kills.  I even bought a gun about 8 years ago to give me something that would shoot straighter than the rental guns.  
Paintball 2010
Last year I wore a suit and tie.  This year I went with the Hawiian shirt, but kept the tie.

People go all out with their gear, including Michael.  He believes a fanny pack is useful in any situation, especially paintball.
Crossroads Paintball 2011

Maddie believes that anything you do, should be done stylishly - note the nail-polish matching the face camo.
Crossroads Paintball 2011
Nate's been playing paintball with me for 4 years, this is Maddie's 2nd year.  The first year of playing is always tough and the paintballs always hurt more when you're not expecting it.  Nate is always up front me and aggressive.  Last year Maddie was pretty reserved and made me promise to protect her.  This year, Maddie was right up on the front lines with Nate and I (see the picture below where she was on the front line with Michael, and everyone else behind her). Nate was right on the front line with Jake, taking people down.. I took the group of nervous middle schools girls on my team and turned them into an army.
Crossroads Paintball 2011Crossroads Paintball 2011

The kids were all proud of their paintball wounds and loved sharing their war stories afterwards.
Crossroads Paintball 2011Crossroads Paintball 2011

I love the picture on the right of Nate and Maddie.

Mark and Trevor Kohne came with us to play.  Mark joined in on the ugly Hawaiian shirt theme.
Crossroads Paintball 2011Crossroads Paintball 2011

No comments: