Saturday, May 24, 2003

Cathie and I had a blast yesterday at Cedar Point with Jess, Jason, Anne and Matt. We got there when the park opened and left around 7:30pm. My whole theory of going on a weekday was thrown off a little by the fact that it was the Friday before Memorial Day. The place was packed. Apparently the Top Thrill Dragster ride that we wanted to get on so bad doesn't quite have all of the kinks worked out of it yet. If you haven't heard about this ride, it shoots you from a stand-still to 120mph straight up a 420 foot incline, and then straight back down on the other side. One of the park employees was explaining to us how the car doesn't quite make it up everytime, and the emergency breaking system has to kick in. Nice. We made it on all of the coasters. My favorite was the Tower Power, which takes you up a few hundred feet, hangs you there, and drops you straight down, all on air pressure. I enjoyed the fear that I felt at the top of it. Total fear as I hung there, looking straight down. The best part of the day was hanging with the people we went with in line, talking and people-watching. Jess and I went on a ride together that no one else was interested in, and we had a chance to talk for about 45 minutes one-on-one, which we'd never done before, and I really enjoyed it. She's a really great woman who personifies Christ in a lot of ways - especially in the way she loves people. It's cool to watch. Her and J are great for each other - each complements the other so well.

No comments: