Wednesday, May 21, 2003

It's been a crazy week. I'm beat. I've been working very late nights and on the road the past few days, trying to get everything done so I can take off on Friday. One of the deals I'm working on, I've got a guy who is comitting to things and not following through, without explanation or regard for the rest of the team. He's a new guy in our group, so I'm trying to cut him some slack, but he's really pissing me off. Maybe it's self-righteousness, maybe it's high standards, but I work with a team who follows through on their comittments to each other because we respect each other. My gut tells me that this guy is going to wait until the last minute to get his piece done and in turn create a lot of work for me.

Got a chance on Tuesday to sit on an executive level partner negotiations as a part of my mentoring with Mack. It was very interesting watching him in action - what he said, what he offered up, what he didn't say, his demeanor and personality. I really enjoy taking in all of the dynamics that go on at this level. Mack is very unassuming, never haughty or proud. Great model. He's not a bullshitter. He's a man of his word. His compliments carry a lot of weight for me. He's give.n me some very positive feedback in terms of my ability and overall value to our practice. I'm really very lucky for Mack to invest the time that he does in this mentoring relationship.

Be sure and check out The Lark News. Hilarious and irreverent mocking the mockable parts of Christian Sub-Culture, like the Prayer of Jabez. Gotta love that.

I've started watching American Chopper on the Discovery Channel. It's a motorcycle version of The Real World. It takes place in a motorcycle design shop and involves a son, his dad and the bikes they create. I'm not a gearhead, but this show is great to watch. I needed a new show now that the season finales of Alias, The Simpsons and Survivor are done.

I've begun reading the section of ROTH on the body and it's role in overall spiritual formation. Big paradigm shift for me. I'd always thought of the body as more of a shell controlled by all of the other aspects of the person like the Will, the Mind and the Soul. ROTH takes the angle that it's a separate component that needs to be redeemed like all of the other aspects of our perosn. I don't quite understand it all yet. I've been processing it over the past couple of days, having some greaet talks with God about it. Haven't made much progress around my goal of understanding God's image and how it applies to me. All in good time.

No comments: