Wednesday, May 07, 2003

I went back and re-read the whole section in ROTH on the transformation of the mind. I think I've spent a lot of my life trying to tranform myself from the outside - in. I figured that once all of my actions aligned with God, then my thoughts would, and in turn my heart would draw closer to God - intimacy through discipline. I'm coming to understand that real transormation can only come from the inside out, bringing each part of me into harmony with the will and Kingdom of God. I've worked very hard to understand who I am to God, my image before God as his beloved, but haven't not put time or thought into really understanding who God is to me - his image, his holiness, his power, his love, his nature. Dallas Willard says "To think of God as he is, one cannot but lapse into worship; and worship is the single most powerful force in completing and sustaining restoration in the whole person... (Worship) naturally arises from thinking rightly of God on the basis of revelaed truth confirmed in experience." That's my Vision.

No comments: