Friday, June 27, 2003

Even after going to bed at 1:15 a.m. I still woke up at 6:45 this morning. The air was nice and cool from last night's rain and I lay there for a while, listening to my fan in the window and couldn't get back to sleep. I'm leaving today, to be back in town for my brother-in-law's wedding reception. There's a part of me that's sad, because some of the coolest conversations and some of the best hang-out time is on the last day. The reality is, I've had my share of cool stuff to make this camp more than worthwihle. One conversation that make camp worthwhile was yesterday. This particular kid is one that it's taken three years to for me to connect with, that I've prayed for regularly, and figured it just wasn't going to happen. Yesterday, this guy went to a session on "Connecting with God" where he learned a little bit about how he's wired up and can best connect with God in his own life. He could have gone to a slew of different sesions, but instead he went to this one, and he liked it, and he got a lot out of it!

I talked to my wife last night! She got back from Mexico and we talked for a while before I had to teach. I miss her and the kids a ton. Joe Muzzi is driving down this morning. He got back from Mexico last night also and he's driving back with the kids tomorrow. Bob Rays is coming down this morning as well.

I started out not sure that this place would stack up against Taylor University (where we've had camp the past few years), but I've come to really like this place. I saw God work in huge ways this week. My leaders came through in an awesome way all week, my kids were great too. Sure we had a few small incidents, but overall, they were great.

No comments: