Saturday, June 28, 2003

I got back yesterday afternoon (after getting lost on the way, making a side-trip to pick up some fireworks and stopping to pick up my daughter's birthday present for her birthday yesterday) and I was so excited to see my family. I had my brother-in-law's wedding reception today, which was fun, despite the rain. I got my camera back and got the last of the pictures uploaded to our site. Sounds like the last day of camp went well. I got this message IM'd to me from one student:
"dave, i feel so good right now, like i feel more connected to god, and i feel ive taken a giant leap in my spiritual path! the camp this year was tons of fun and really helped me a lot."
I feel the same way. The big "Stone" that I took away from camp was to dig deep into God's word. As I mentioned before, I had been reading lots of great books on spiritual formation, but hadn't been reading the bible by itself for a while. At camp, Noel hit this topic hard, and I came to the conclusion that I need God's word locked in my skull - but knowledge and memorization. I'm looking forward to seeing all the kids at church tomorrow.

No comments: