Monday, June 16, 2003

I'm sitting in the airport in Minneapolis on my way to Kansas City. They've got wireless internet access at the airport (for a small fee, of course), so it's a matter of just popping open my laptop and being productive during the two hours I'm waiting.

My time with God has sucked lately. Not only has it been a low priority, but I don't look forward to it the way I used to. I go through cycles, and this is one of them. I'm at camp all next week - between leaders and students, I think we're looking at around 30 people from Crossroads going. It'll be a crazy week, and most of my time with God will consist of time time I'm walking from one event to another, in Worship and conversations with kids. Even with all of the craziness at camp, I somehow end up feeling closer to God than I was when I walked in. I think it's a combination of the people, the focus of my heart, and the lack of distractions. Because Cathie will be on a missions trip in Mexico the same time I'm at camp, we're having to juggle different people watching the kids while we're both gone. Originally, my Mom had the lions share of the time but we found out yesterday that she's not going to able to because my grandma broke her arm and needs some pretty regular care from my mom. We're still trying to figure out the logistics of all this, having the kids go between three or four people throughout the week. Should be interesting. So far we've got Cathie's Mom, Kasey Harmon and my sister-in-law in the equation.





No comments: