Wednesday, July 02, 2003

I ended up joining Powerhouse Gym today after my gym went out of business. It's a beautiful facility, probably one of the nicest I've ever used. It's got all brand-new equipment, very well-kept and spacious. I'd worked hard to develop a lot of relationships at my old gym over the course of the three years I was tehre, and I figured most of those were gone. Working out there this morning, it looks like a lot of the regulars have moved over to Powerhouse as well, and now we've all got the common bond of getting screwed out of our membership.

I went bible shopping yesterday. I'd had a Life Application Bible that I got when I was 15, it was duct-taped, written in and well-worn. I was pretty attached to it, but I wanted more of a Study Bible that provided more background on the text, rather than reflection. I looked through a big pile of all the bibles out there, and ended up going with the NIV Quest Study Bible. Instead of just having text footnotes, it places the information in the form of questions and answers in the margins, all color coded with the matching verse.

I'm off the rest of the week, starting this afteroon - minus a conference call tomorrow morning. We've got the annual 4th of July party with the whole famliy at my Mom and Dad's on Friday, and Madeline's birthday party on Saturday. We've got one of those big moon-walk bouncy things there. It's a big family contest to see how long it takes my brother Jon to make one of the kids cry at the party by hurting them in the bouncy thing.

I'm going to see Dave Matthews tonight, with my Dave Matthews weiner friend Jason. Jason will be giddy as a school girl.

No comments: