Wednesday, September 24, 2003

My small group started back up tonight. This isn't just any small group - this is a rag-tag band of guys who are as different as any 9 guys could be - some are Christians, others are on the journey toward Jesus. Either way - it's an amazing group of guys. With that said, I didn't want to be there. I was tapped, I'd been traveling, and I wanted to be home with my family - and frankly, I was feeling sorry for myself over stuff going on at work. I was pretty focused on me. Cathie, in her infinite wisdom, recognized this and said "Sometimes when you hear where others are at, it can take the focus off of you". So I went. We had a new guy start in our group tonight, and it was great. We spent tonight telling our stories, about who we are and where we've been in life. I got the chance to hear guys talk about how they've progressed in their walk with Jesus. I've got guys in this group who came in not sure what they wanted to do with their faith who are now pursuing Christ fervently. I really love this group of guys - they're guys who'd do whatever it takes for any of the others.

No comments: