Thursday, October 30, 2003

I was reading Romans 8:30-32 this morning:
After God made that decision of what his children should be like, he followed it up by calling people by name. After he called them by name, he set them on a solid basis with himself. And then, after getting them established, he stayed with them to the end, gloriously completing what he had begun.
So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn't hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn't gladly and freely do for us?
It’s so easy for me to gloss over what this says. I remember the day it connected with me – I was listening to a youth camp speaker, Brett Ray speak on this verse. It was a very defining moment in my relationship with God, the day I understood that God loves his son as much as I love mine, and that it was just as hard to allow Jesus to be put to death in my place as it would be for me to allow my son Nate to be sacrificed. Maybe I’m the only one who never got that point, but I figured that God being who he is and all didn’t have that tough a time with allow Jesus to die, because he was perfect after all and knew how the sacrifice would redeem us all. God being a trinity, I thought that it wasn’t the same relationship as the one Nate and I have. When all of this clicked, it was like a light bulb going on in my head and I wept.

No comments: