Tuesday, October 07, 2003

On Saturday we went to Lansing for my nephew Gabe's birthday party . With my family, even a little kid's birthday is a good time. Will was there (hitting on my mom as usual) - at least I got a little cuddle time in with him. Will is like an adopted brother in our family, with all of the privileges and responsibilities that go along with that, including attending little kids birthday parties. The pictures don't quite capture the sarcasm and mockery that go on at these parties. Kevin's (my brother in-law) family was there as well, and I think they just sit back and shake their heads sometimes at these parties, though they're probably used to it by now.

On Sunday, we had Paintball, at the futureball course in Whitmore Lake. We had about 50 people total and it was a great time. They have a new urban assault course that involves a simulated village, with houses and cars. I thought I'd be aggressive on that one, and ended up getting the crap kicked out of me, lit up about 20 times in the face and back.

There's a a new sixth grader in Fusion who I really like. He's pretty young for his age, and pretty hesitant to connect in. He's hyperactive, but he's just the kind of kid I love to pour into. We don't have a ton of sixth grade guys this year, so he's going to join my Pyros small group.



No comments: