Monday, November 03, 2003

I worked out today with a guy named Adam who's a professional Tennis player. Interesting guy. We were talking about loving what you do for a living, and how much he loves to play Tennis. He was telling me about his traveling around for tournaments, and that pretty much when he's not playing, he's practicing. He said that by the time a lot of guys get to the highest levels, it's no longer their passion, it's a job. Right now, I really love my job. I don't think there's anything else I'd rather be doing. My job's not perfect, but I still love it. A while back, I wrestled with the idea of quitting my job and doing full time youth ministry, but came to the conclusion that it wasn't where God was pulling me. How many people have a job they love, that pays them well, with people they enjoy working with, that gives them some degree of flexability in their lives? I'm thankful.

No comments: