Monday, December 15, 2003


We were in a big hurry yesterday afteroon, running late on the way to Crossroad's baptism party in Hamburg. I got out to my van and lo and behold, this message was painted on my rear window. I was in too much of a hurry to clean it off, so I ended up driving around with this on my van the rest of the evening. Don't get me wrong, I love Jesus, I believe that Christ should be at the center of Christmas, but I'm not a big fan of the cliche, or stupid rhyming bumper stickers. What made it worse was that as I drove down the express way, cars were looking over and giving me the "thumbs-up" and some of the older folk at the baptism party were complementing me on the "Bold Message" I put on my van. You may be wondering who actually pulled this off? Jen Niemi, as part of our ongoing practical jokes battle. This was by far her best work yet because it hit me at the core of my hatred of cheesy christian cliche.

No comments: