Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I went biking on Friday at Maybury State Park with Joe. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time riding and talking. We didn't break any speed records, but Joe got to try out his new bike which finally has front shocks on it.

Friday night Cathie and myself went out with Matt and Anne for dinner. We met up later with Jason and Jess to see Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burghandy. (Go to the site with your audio turned up). I laughed so hard at this movie I had tears in my eyes at one point. Better, funnier movie than Dodgeball. I won't try and go into a complex review here of themes and symbolism, but I'll say that it made me laugh - hard.

On Sunday we had a huge celebration at church. Jason came up with the great idea to build an altar to celebrate, similar to what the Isrealites used to do after God would do huge things for them so they would not forget. We started with placing a huge stone down for paying off a large debt to the schools. People then came up and added to it with their own stories of what our church has meant to them. All of the kids were in the service and about 40 minutes into it were getting a little restless. Luckily, there was a playground right outside the school, so Carole and I took a bunch of kids outside to play and tried not to lose any of them, so they didn't go nuts in there. We then topped it off with a big picnic at Island Lake Park. J and I threw together the picnic, and it didn't suck too badly. We had lots of weiners. Hundreds of them. More than we needed.

Sunday evening I had to fly out to Rochester, NY for training this week. The training goes from 8AM - 6PM with the shortest number of breaks for the shortest duration I've ever seen. I got back to my hotel room about 9:30 to check e-mail and had over 100 waiting. Who could these things be from? Most of my team is in the training and most of the sales team that my group supports is in this class. Go figure. I spent the rest of the night finishing up the first draft of my message for Sunday.

No comments: