Wednesday, August 25, 2004

At some point during this whole debacle at our church, Cathie and I and a number of families had to come to the conclusion that they were comitted to our church, whether we're doing that with 5 other families or 500. I watch as some families leave because they've found something or somone that they disagree with in the church. Interestingly enough, many of these same families are on their third or fourth church in ten years. I'm hoping that down the road, they look back and figure out that maybe it wasn't the about the churches. (Warning: self righteous discord approaching) Cathie and I have been at Crossroads for ten years and I see huge value in sticking it out no matter what. I could no more bail on this church than I could on my family. I'll admit that my universe can take on a dave-centered orbit more often that most, but I'm just glad that in moments of clarity that I see beyond myself and see the larger story of what it means to stick it out a band of believers that are comitted to the same core values. If it's not evident from my blog, I'm annoyed by the people that have jumped ship, or even threatened to jump ship if they don't get their own way. They can bite me.

No comments: