Tuesday, August 24, 2004


I've been listening to this 10 CD teaching on Leadership and Spirituality by Dallas Willard that I got from Brad; and I ran out of gas. These two things are related.

First, let me say that Dallas is one of the smartest guys I've ever read or seen. He's a philosopher of the C.S. Lewis quality. A lot of what he says I have to listen to many times before I get it. One thing that I did get out of this was the simple concept of how we as Christians are to be both Salt and Light to the world around us. I figured this was worth pounding in my brain, so I wrote it on a scrap of paper and put it on my dash. The great thing about this is everytime I get in my car, I see it, and I've been forced to think about the situation I'm either going into or returning from and how I did or am going to do at being Salt and Light in that situation. It's been great at getting me to reflect at how I act.

I was driving back from Kalamazoo today and in the middle of nowhere, I ran out of gas. Why didn't I notice my "Low Fuel" light? My "Salt and Light" scrap of paper was covering the warning light.

No comments: