Monday, August 23, 2004


I got my new Treo 600 phone. It's good, not great. The main benefit to this phone is the thumb-keyboard on it, coupled with the ability for e-mail/calendars to be pushed to the phone, and for it's instant messaging capabilities. The interface is the Palm OS, and compared to my old Samsung i600 Smartphone, it blows. The Smartphone has far superior syncing abilities, a much better interface and graphics quality. The only reason I'd buy the Treo vs. the Smartphone is for the internet capabilities. The smartphone had them, but they were pretty cumbersome. Verizon just recently upgraded their mobile syncing capabilities on both sides with Intellisync's mobile sync product, and it works pretty well. Word to the wise: Back up your contacts and calendar before installing this thing. I didn't, and hosed up my calendar and contacts badly, both of which are sacred to me.

Suprisingly enough, my new phone did not complete my being or provide me the neverending joy that I was sure it would. I am still an incomplete human being, in spite of having a new toy. I know I'll find the perfect gadget out there that will meet my expectations and bring me life to the fullest. Or maybe not.

No comments: