Saturday, September 18, 2004

Cathie and I watched the movie Man on Fire last night with Denzel Washington. It was one of the best movies I've seen in a while. (Spoiler Alert) The movie is about an ex-special forces assassin who becomes a body guard for a little girl. Things go south and he goes on the rampage. The best part of the movie for me was a scene at the very end where Denzel's character makes this amazing exchange of himself for a hostage. It's such a great picture of how Christ gave himself up for us, hands raised in the air, not resisting, knowing his fate in the end. It's a pretty violent flick, but I can remeber a movie where I was rooting aginst the bad guy more. It was a fine line between vengance and justice. I was rooting for both, probably leaning on the side of vengance.

No comments: