Sunday, October 24, 2004

I love my church. I love that I could teach our congregation a portion of the lyrics to Ice, Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice:
To the extreme, I rock the mic like a vandal
Light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle
Before you brand me heritical, let me explain. I was talking about what we want our church to be known as in our community, and one suggestion I had was that we be known as a church that knows all of the lyrics to a great rap song. I proceeded to teach the song and had everyone recite it. I contrasted this with how much cooler it would be to be known as a church that loves really well and have learned how to really live life, based on what Jesus has taught us about living. The latter seems a little more compelling. But I still think my church is cool - because it loves well.

No comments: