Monday, January 31, 2005


A buddy of mine sent me these pictures that a friend of his took out west. He said that the lion had been stalking them for the better part of the morning on the way out to a hunt. They were pretty sure it was after one of the dogs. The cat ambushed them, and the mule tossed its rider and went into attack (defense) mode, the horses scattered and shots were fired but no one was sure if they hit the cat or not. He said that the battle was decently long, and it wasn't until it was almost over that one of the guys started snapping pics. The mule finally stomped the cougar to death after biting and throwing it around like a rag doll. The dogs wouldn't even come close until the mule settled down.

Click on the picture to see rest of these.

4 comments:

Noel Heikkinen said...

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/mulelion.asp

Unknown said...

I prefer to believe with all my heart that it really is my buddies friend who took these pictures, and that I am that close to greatness. Let me live in my fantasy world - the same one that believes Bill Gates will donate money to the poor for e-mail forwards and that the Government is trying to tax e-mails.

Noel Heikkinen said...

The government's trying to tax emails? I'm horrified!

Anonymous said...

All I know is that I'm not messing with any mules! WOW they are tough!

Mike