Monday, January 31, 2005

I had a fun weekend, but it was too much in too little time. Madeline went down to Cedar Pointe's new Castaway Bay indoor water park Friday night and Cathie went out with friends, so I got to watch Barie Prince and the Pauper with Emily and after she went to bed, Nate and I had a guys night. We watched guy movies (Indiana Jones and the Temple of doom) ate guy food (Hungry Howies Pizza and Cinnamon Bread Sticks - which the girls don't like, so it's part of our guy's night to order them), we drank guy drinks (for Nate this means Mountain Dew or any other caffinated pop) and did guy stuff (video games). We were going to go midnight sledding, but it was 2 degrees out.

On Saturday afternoon, I bummed around not doing much productive, except reading a new book Riptide by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Late Saturday afternoon, four friends from work road-tripped down to a suprise birthday party in The Flats in Cleveland for a friend's suprise birthdy. It seemed like a great idea when we planned this to hang out for a while and drive back that same night. Bad idea. The party took place at The Dive Bar in The Flats and was a blast. We left about midnight and hit snow on the way back. I was hurtin bad the next day. After church, instead of kicking back and relaxing, I got it in my head that Cathie and I should remove wallpaper. Man I hate doing that. It was a border in our kitchen and was tedious and painful. After that, I took a well-deserved (in my own mind) nap.

I'm heading down to New Orleans tomorrow for work. My travel just-so-happens to concide with Marti Gras. In between meetings, we're going to a couple of the parades. My hotel is right off of Bourbon Street and the sales rep I'm working with is a local down there and a great person. Should be fun... I mean a lot of work.

No comments: