Thursday, January 13, 2005

I got back from Circuit City at 9:30 tonight. I'd brought my car in at 1 because of an annoying hiss out of one of the speakers in the stereo I bought 3 months ago. It sounds small, but it was the most annoying thing to me. I'd get in the car and the static would tick me off - because it compromised the sound quality and the principal of the matter - it just shouldn't be there if they'd done this right. This is the second time I'd had to bring it back after the original install. The first time I took it in, the guy tried to convince me it was my EQ settings. After explaining to him he was nuts, he replaced the stereo, it worked for 1 hour and then went back to doing the same thing. I brought it in this time and a different guy was working. He took one look at how the other guy had wired it up and apologized. It took them 8 hours to not only rewire the whole system that the original guys had screwed up but to run it through the amp (the other guys had bypassed it) and give me a brand new set of front speakers along with a new wiring harness so I didn't lose the car control functionality that came with my factory stereo. They were very apologetic, gave it to me for free, and proudly told me they'd taken extra time to make sure everything sounded great - and it did. I'd go back there again based on how they took care of me this time... Just making sure I don't get the original tool who did the install.

No comments: