Friday, January 14, 2005

I walked down into my basement and my feet got wet... Which I've learned in the past is a bad thing. It turns out something in my basement that contains water, had water come out of it.... Good guess, eh? Haven't narrowed it down to either my sump pump, an outside drain, my hot water heater or my water softener. Cathie called a carpet cleaning company and I called my friends Joe and Brad to come over and help me quickly get all of the crap out of my basement. I had to disconnect my office, which means all of my computers - consisting of well over 100 different cables of different types, so I could move it all upstairs. We had some guys come out and soak up a lot of the water (about 200 gallons) and I tore up the carpet and threw out the padding. We've got lots of fans and dehumidifiers going. Meanwhile, I called the insurance company. If it has to do with my sump pump, they'll cover nothing. Nice of them. At this point, I honestly can't say where the water came from, but I want to be as honest as possible with the insurance guys, even if it means me not getting coverage.

No comments: