Sunday, January 16, 2005

Will and I went to see The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou last night. When picking the movie, I shared with Will that I'd heard it wasn't very good from a number of people. Will responded that everyone he'd talked to loved it. On the way out of the movie, I asked Will who specifically he'd talked to that gave him good reviews on the flick and he said that it might of been that he'd only previews that looked funny.

The movie is done by Wes Anderson, who did movies like The Royal Tannenbaums and Rushmore. I liked those movies, but it took watching them a couple of times and letting them sink in to really get them. All of his movies have really ecclectic soundtracks to them. The Life Aquatic was all David Bowie songs, done in Portuguese. I read that he'll actually design scenes around the music that he's got tagged to be played in the background. He uses music a lot like the movie Harold & Maude does.

No comments: