Sunday, May 08, 2005


I just got into my hotel.... Not really a hotel so much as a giant maze. I think I complain about this place everytime I come here... so this is really no different, just accentuated by the fact that I arrived at midnight half asleep, which made it a little tougher. The place is the National Conference Center in Virginia. It was built in the 60's as a training facility for Xerox. It was designed to put you in a learning frame of mind and is a giant multi-level pyramiding maze, color coded and numbered to "help" you find your way around. Check out this map... This is how you figure out where you're supposed go. Simple enough, right?

I'm here through Friday for the pilot course of some Principal training that we're going through. The challange with training like this is that it's like a vacation, except you're still expected to perform the same amount of work, e-mail and voice mail as you would during a normal work week. Fun, eh?

No comments: