Monday, May 02, 2005

I worked some more on the yard yesterday, trimming the shrubs and cleaning all of the leaves and crap out of our back lot line. Not a lot of fun, but it looks nice now. We had our real estate agent over on Saturday to do a walk through of our house and let us know what more we needed to do to get things ready to sell. She said we're good to go. We've got a couple coming over to check the house out on Tuesday before we put it on the market to see if we can work a deal. If that doesn't work out, we're listing it on Tuesday, sign in the yard and all. I'm impressed with our real estate agent so far. She's extremely high energy, talks a million miles a minute, but knows her stuff. We've started looking at houses online also. I think we're looking outside of the City of South Lyon, which is pretty much across the street from where we're at now. The tax differences are huge. We save about $4k/yr by NOT being in the City. The downside is well water and no snow removal. I gave Cathie our budget and I'm good with letting her pick out the house. She's picky and knows what she wants. If it's good enough for her, I'm sure I'll like it. The only restriction I have is making sure that the living room has appropriate acoustics and location for my HDTV. And an office for me. Other than that, I'm good with whatever she likes.

No comments: