Tuesday, May 17, 2005

My sister Susan is on the way to the hospital to have her baby. She'd invited Cathie to come be in the delivery room with her, but since I'm on the road, it's probably not going to work out for her. Nate's rooting for a boy, because if it's a girl, that baby, combined with Beth and Jon's upcoming baby girl will tip the balance of the nieces and nephews to the feminine side. Maddie and Emily are of course hoping for a baby girl. For Kevin's sake, I'm rooting for a boy.

Susan called me a few weeks ago to bounce some names off me - not to see if I like them, but to see how much fun could be made of them. This stems from all of the nieces and nephews getting strange nick names. Heck, everyone in our family has one nick-name or another. It was a big part of our teasing each other growing up as kids and now they've stuck and become endearing. Except for Dan's nickname which he's never really take to. Ask him about it sometime. We've had Matthew - Shabadu. Gabe - Gabriella. Allie - Shiek Ali-bab-wa. If it's a boy, kevin wants to name it Luke so he can say "Luke, I am your father." Seems like a big committment for a one-liner like that, but it'd be worth it to me.

No comments: