Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I was listening to a message by Steve @ Riverview on Contentment this morning. In his message, he talks about Happy Meals, and how they never really make kids happy. Very true. I hate Happy Meals, and not just because my parents wouldn't buy them for us as kids (My parents would get one large pop, 4 small glasses and share the large pop with all of us. My wife makes fun of me when I now do the same). My theory on the happy meal toys is to throw them out as soon as my kids leave them laying around, and they're rarely noticed.My kids think Happy Meals are the greatest thing in the world, yet what's in them never brings them much happiness for more than five minutes. Gosh, what kind of fool would pursue something, thinking it will bring them happiness, only to be discontent with it five minutes later? I'm glad I don't do that with stuff in my life. Oh wait. I do.

No comments: