Saturday, July 30, 2005


Had a bunch of guys over to play cards last night, in the ususal spot - the garage, for the cigars. Joe, Bob, Terry, Eli, Dan and Mark and myself played. Will was in Honolulu, Brad decided that he's not very good and shouldn't play any more and Ted was having his tenth going away party somewhere. We all had our sunglasses on, trying to be Chris Moneymaker at the poker table, I guess. It was a true South Lyon style poker party - played in a garage, with Guns and Roses blaring from the Stereo as we ate pork rinds (okay, we didn't eat pork rinds). We wrapped up late, around 1:30 after I'd won almost nothing all night. At one point when I was down to nothing and there was a huge pot, I had a suited Jack Queen and went all in. I caught the seven I needed on the river and was gathering up the chips as Joe was kind enough to point out that the dealer hadn't burned a card prior to flopping the river. I was out, Bob had a huge pile. Bob was the big winner that night, which usually happens - between him and Eli typically winning.

No comments: