Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I finally got my roof-mounted HDTV antenna installed today. I had someone come do it to make sure some of the grounding was done right. I was using a TV mounted antenna which was rally inconsistent in terms of the quality of the signal. This antenna is getting me channels all the way to Lansing.

Emily and I took Nate to basketball practice tonight and struck up a conversation with one of the other Dad's who it turns out is a cop. He looked nothing like a copy, more like a skater - tatoos and piercings, about my age, with four little kids. He works undercover with drug cases and SWAT and was a great guy and fascinating to talk to. It turns out he's the brother-in-law of one of our babysitters, Xtina.

Nate and I came home and made a big 'ol fire in the chimena and figure we needed to take some pictures for posterity's sake. We then went out to lay on the lawn together and look up at the stars and talk. As we talked, we noticed all of the bats flying overhead, one in particular that kept going back and forth over us. It seemed to keep getting lower and lower until it it actually came right on top of us and actually ran into Nate. We both screamed and headed inside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very informative. I hope to see more in the near future