Friday, January 20, 2006

700w


I finally did it. I swapped my Palm based Treo 650 out for the new Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 based Treo 700W. The main driving force for the change was the fact that it can sync e-mail/contacts/calendar directly with my companies e-mail server, as opposed to the separate computer I had to dedicate to the task and keep online, connected to our corporate VPN 24/7. The new phone has EVDO, which is in essence broadband to the phone. It gives me near DSL speed when I'm online and allows me to connect to my phone via bluetooth and go online when I'm traveling, at DSL speeds as well. One nice added benefit is the ability for the phone to multi-task, so I can be on the phone while my TomTom GPS software is running in the background. I know a lot of this sounds like I'm just justifying my new phone, but after selling my 650 on eBay, it ended up being a push financially.

No comments: