Saturday, February 11, 2006

Basketball Pictures


Nate had his basketball pictures today followed by a game. It's really starting to click for him. He had his best game yet, with five rebounds and a basket. Being one of the taller kids, he plays a kind of power-forward position. Nate's team has more girls on it than any other team, and the coach designs plays to get the ball to them, because none of the boys ever cover them. The girls miss most of the time, but the girls have gotten to the point where they no longer look like a deer in the headlights when they get the ball.


I've got a video road rally tonight for Fusion (our jr high youth group), which should make Ingrid (my laodicea babe) pretty angry since we'll be having fun in the context of church, which Ingrid believes makes baby Jesus cry. (The last youth group game night I did, I was able to make Ingrid's Hall of Shame award. Later, she chastised my youth group for not reading the King James version of the bible.) I've got lists of things for the teams to video tape and retrieve as part of a scavenger hunt. The big point items are for getting a team member handcuffed and placed in the back of a police car, with the sirens running. Big scavenger hunt items include a personal check made out to me for $1,000,000 and pictures of a monkey.

No comments: