Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Digital Rebel XT


I finally got my digital SLR camera. I've been saving for quite a while for this, and a large gift certificate I got from work put me over the top. I ended up buying the Canon EOS 350D Digital Rebel XT, an 8MP SLR. I used to take all sorts of pictures with my film SLR camera until digital won out. The prices on the SLRs have finally dropped down to a point where it was doable for me. It comes with an 18-55mm (F3.5 - F5.6) lens, which is so-so. I haven't had much of a chance to play with it yet, but from messing around with it last night, my first impressions are that it's fast, quiet, light and produces excellent quality images. Its on-board flash throws a lot of light and the software that it comes with is pretty decent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate you! You have the toys I want. Michael

Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll have time to play with your camera while you're NOT at the water park! :)

Unknown said...

Whoah, hold on a sec. You may have the rebel xt, but do you have the 8 megapixel version? Comon now Carole.