Sunday, February 19, 2006

Festivus


Dana, Eli, Will and Monaca came over last night to celebrate Festivus. Yes, we know it's a couple of month's late, we had no alumnium pole, but we did have the ceremonial fondue and perform the traditional feats of strength. The fondue tasted great, but no one was willing to drink any of the residue:

We fed the six kinds first and the the 6 adults sat down to a pretty amazing meal of cheese and meat fondue. I think the thing bout eating slowly, over a period of an hour is that you can really stuff yourself something fierce. At some point, the girls (the four little ones, not Dana, Cathie or Monaca) began asking for piggy back rides and Will began feeling left out. Up for the challange, decided to see if I could do a full lap around the room with Will on my back. I was successful.

The party broke up around 12:30 and the kids were still going strong except for Makenna and Madeline, who didn't quite make it that far. The 6 of us had such a good time hanging out - if only we'd of had an aluminum pole.

5 comments:

Rich said...

My favorite is the airing of the grievances…

Unknown said...

In theory, because I was never wrestled to the floor and pinned, Festivus is not over yet.

Anonymous said...

i guess i thought you piggy back ride for will was portion of the feats of strength.
did you have a festivus miracle?

Unknown said...

I feel that the festivus miracle was that I didn't blow my back out carrying Will around.

Will said...

You all can go straight to hell!