Saturday, February 18, 2006

Nate's Game


Nate had a basketball game this afternoon and his team played well. Being one of the few teams with 5 girls on it, they often have a tougher time against teams of all boys or mostly boys, just because the boys have typically been playing longer. The team they played today had three girls and two smaller kids, so the coaches let the five bigger kids play against the other teams five bigger kids, and our girls play against their girls and smaller kids. I'm sure this violated someone's civil rights, but the girls had more fun without the boys always taking the fast breaks. They passed a lot more and all got a chance to touch the ball a lot more. Nate had 9 rebounds and a couple of steals. He's getting the hang of the game, all of the kids fight hard for the rebounds (even if it's their team mate their fighting against for the ball). Nate and I went out for pizza after the game to talk, where I had the right of passage talk with him about Santa Claus, which was a tough one. I didn't want him to be like my younger sister Sooze, who was 16 before she found out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thought I would mention that Christopher's basketball team just won the leaugue championship...again! Of course I was his coach.

Mike

Unknown said...

You win the prize Mike for living vicariously through your children and for being even more competitive than myself.