Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I achieved my Hilton Diamond status this month. For those of you with more important things to do, this is the highest level of Hilton Honors status and it is almost a super-power. It gives me the ability to get a room at any Hilton property, even if it's booked up. I found out the hard way that it does not actually gives me the ability to knock on the door of my choice at a Hilton hotel and demand that the person leave the room immediately.

I'm in Charlotte, NC for a couple of days and the weather stinks. The upside is my Hilton Diamond status (just in case I'd forgotten to mention this) and the room they set me up with at the Doubletree here. I'm not sure I need a room with four different rooms, but I'll take it. Since I'm not entertaining here or doing anything beyond sleeping and watching TV that doesn't do much for me.

Update: I sat down for breakfast yesterday morning and was greeted by name and followed around being asked by name what they could get me as I wandered through the breakfast buffett line. At the end of the meal, they set a nice hand written, personalized card in front of me thanking me for having breakfast with them.

1 comment:

Rich said...

What type of access do you get to the Paris Hilton with “Diamond” status? Maybe she would be interested in one of Dan’s Pearl Necklaces?