Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Middle Child of the Month!


As you know, middle children are an under appreciated caste in our society who often get lost in the shuffle of the "perfect" oldest child and the baby of the family. The middle children are left to fend for themselves and fight the battles as the black sheep of the family. The middle children are forced to develop superior social, verbal and academic skills - very self driven and self motivated, not having to rely on the approval of others and setting the bar high for themselves.

Andrew Kurt is one of these middle children, and one of the best in the world. Not only is he MY nephew and one of four in the family (myself, Maddie, Andrew and Allie in all), but he is incredibly special and awesome. Andrew is a champion video game player, an amazing soccer player, and a phenomenal artist. He is a master pokemon player and can whoop anyone in Yugioh as well. Andrew is tremendous story teller, able to communicate at an eighth grade level and has a huge heart for other people. As a middle child, I try and make sure Andrew is taken care of when I see him. Sometimes I give him money, sometimes candy - but I always make sure that he's the only one that gets it as the middle child. Fair? Nope. But the FOMC (Fraternal Order of Middle Children) stick together.

2 comments:

Jon said...

There are five in the family...as I am one also. As usual I am lost in the shuffle.

Rich said...

Dude, I'm an only child; I have to be all three. Talk about pressure.

Ya, and the FOMC are always under the radar.. They never have to perform… nobody notices or cares what they do….

Dan was the pioneer paving the way.. and Susan had to live up to and make up for all of the FOMC inconsistencies.