Sunday, March 12, 2006

Project 311 Lunch

Thought I'd posted this, but somehow it fell off the site.... On Friday we had the Project 311 Youth Pastor lunch. We got 95 Youth Workers/Ministers/Pastors together for lunch to connect and for us to thank them for what they do and show them some love. Being a part of the board, I kicked things off. Things were going smoothly until I began explaining that part of the reason that those of us involved in Project 311 do these kind of things is because at some point in our life we were touched by a youth pastor.... and then the table full of the whole Velocity crew (Hovermale, Shinn, Butler, Woodman) started cracking up and I realized what I'd said. What I meant to say was that our hearts had been touched by a youth pastor... Anyways, we had some great giveaways that included shirts, resources, conference passes, pistons playoff tickets, vet clinic certificates (thanks Jeffrey Animal Hospital/Brad) and some training at the Triad (thanks Kirk).

It was great seeing the guys from 311, including Bob, who I hadn't seen in a while (pictured below... Not sure he's aware that I have a picture of him looking like Satan). Bob's the guy who designed the Blitzfest t-shirt that I'm wearing in the pictures down below from Tahoe and has done a ton of great design work for 311. Being a designer, Bob is a mac guy, and is stuck with a Treo 650, because he's not willing to recognize the glory of the Treo 700W, because it's made by Mr. Gates. All that being said, I've now got a special profile on Bob's blog with an equally special picture of me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the......????? Seriously, WHAT???? Dude, I had NO idea that was a picture of me until you wrote that it was. When? Where? What crack did I smoke?

What a weird feeling to not even recognize yourself in a photo. Wow, I'm trippin dude. Wow....

Anonymous said...

Where did you get that picture? It's great.

Unknown said...

At the post-blitzfest event at my house. You were there, weren't you?