Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sunday...

I felt bad falling asleep in church today during my friend J's message on Community. I felt even worse that he noticed..... There was a reason, just not a great one:

My friend Joe, who also happens to be our pastor, was at the poker game last night. As he was leaving his last words were, "oh by the way guys, you're on load-up tomorrow morning", which was followed by a collective groan. This seems to happen every time we have a party. Bob, Brad, Eli and I do load-up and take down on the first and fifth Sunday's of the month at church, and we seem to hang out late together at these kind of shin-digs. What this means is that after a late night of playing cards (where I won $60) for my birthday, I had to get up at 6:30AM to move big crates and setup equipment.
We were somehow able to corral another guy into coming Eli, Bob and I - Eli's brother-in-law Jeff. He came all the way from Howell to help us load and take down, which was impressive. Brad made a series of choices that kept him from being at the party and from doing load up this morning.

I'm in town for a while, which is great. We've had a hold on travel at work for the next few months, so I'm going to savor it. I'm going biking with Bill this week and going on a date with my wife as well. No travel means I can get caught up on stuff at work, but get back to spending hours on end on the phone. I have almost 8 hours of conference calls back to back conference calls tomorrow trying to get things moving along.

No comments: