Sunday, May 14, 2006

Logitech Harmony 520 Remote


I got the Logitech Harmony 520 remote for my birthday from Cathie's parents yesterday and I spent last night getting it setup. This thing is phenomenal, half for the technology and feel of the remote, half for the way you set it up. The remote hooks up to your computer through a USB cable and has a web based software interface that helps you set up the devices. Once you setup the devices, it has a wizard based system that allows you to configure the remote to perform a series of tasks. My A/V system is pretty complex. To perform a given task, you typically have to grab 3 or 4 remote to get the job done: Change the video source, the audio source and activate multiple devices. I now have it setup with the press of a single button to Listen to music via my mac, watch tv, watch dvd's and watch VHS tapes. Very cool technology. Thanks Mom and Dad Lebbon!

No comments: