Friday, June 23, 2006

Good News


Last Tuesday all of my Mom's counts were way down. Yesterday she got something in the mail showing that all of her counts were critical. She got a call from the doctor today saying that all of her counts are up, which is great.

On a side note, it's been amazing all of the people that have come around my Mom as she's gone through her cancer treatments. She's had total strangers bring meals and sending her notes of encouragement. This week while my Dad was out of town she had all sorts of people helping out, including her best friend Sherry and Noel's mom Linda. It's neat to see how many people are willing to go out of their way and give of themselves to help out a fellow human being.

We're going to see my Mom walk in the "Walk for Life" cancer walk. This isn't what it sounds like. You do not actually GET cancer by walking in this, nor do you get any kind of additional life by walking in this. Either way, we'll be there to cheer my Mom on. I may even skip or stroll if I'm feeling a little wacky.

No comments: