Saturday, June 24, 2006

Relay for Life


Today my Mom and Dad walked in the survivors lap of the Relay for Life, part of the American Cancer Society. The whole family was there with my parents, along with her best friend Sherry. My mom was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer in October and she just has finished her last round of chemo and radiation. In 1992, my dad was diagnosed with cancer of the larynx. He had surgery and radiation and has had no problems since.

The Relay had teams of people walking over the course of 24 hours to raise money. dThe whole family walked with my Mom an Dad in the survivor lap and it was really moving. The kids marched ahead of my Mom carrying a sign and Sherry followed behind pushing the wheelchair just in case my Mom needed a break, but ended up pushing various sets of the kids for a couple of laps.

The last part of this brought a tear to my eye as people applauded my Mom and Dad as they walked to the end of the lap. It was awesome being there with my Mom for this.

You can see the rest of the pictures in the Kurt Family Photo Gallery.

No comments: