Wednesday, June 07, 2006


Very interesting review from Mossberg comparing the new Treo 700p and the Motorola Q:
The Q is the bigger news here. In the tradition of Motorola's RAZR phone, the Q is a sleek, handsome devil. It demolishes the two biggest problems with smartphones like the Treo: They are bulky and expensive. The Q is a little wider than the Treo 700p, but it's just half as thick and, at 4.06 ounces, is more than one-third lighter.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking at the Q right now. I've come to grips with all of the gripes around the interface that Mossberg points out. The biggest deal with this Windows Mobile OS is that it can multi-task, so I can be on the phone while navigating via my GPS system or running another app, something the Palm OS just can't do. A friend at work, Greg, has made the 700w to Q move already. Greg rarely sticks with a phone for more than 2 months. He's turned switching providers and phones into an art form. He always loves the new phone for the first three weeks, and after that he starts finding the bugs and blind spots in the device. I'm letting Greg do the testing on my behalf and then I'll figure it out in the next month what I'm going to do.

1 comment:

Will said...

I'm testing it as well