Thursday, July 13, 2006

Cool Technology

This is a very cool piece of new technology called Sharpcast. It's a photo album syncronization program. It lets you create photo albums on one computer and share them across multiple people, computers and devices. I have the albums setup on my desktop, and I can automatically sync those with other computer in my house. As I make changes on one album, it pushes those to the other computers or people that I have them shared with.

The very cool part of it is the Smart Phone syncronization. It will then automatically sync those same photo albums out to my phone. If I take a picture, it pushes that back to my desktop album as well. It takes care of all of the resizing of the images to fit the device as well. It works on my Treo 700W and the Motorola Qs, not sure of what else. You can read Mossberg's Sharpcast Review.

This would be great functionality to build into a photo album manager like Picasa, but the photo album functionality in this thing is still lacking relative to Picasa

No comments: