Sunday, July 30, 2006

Velocity - Early Saturday Morning

I came inside after sending my last blog post and two of our guys came and got me. I walked into the bathroom to find one of our guys unconcious, locked in a bathroom stall. He was leaning against the stall door and I couldn't get it open, so I climbed over it. He was out cold and not responsive, but he had a pulse, which I thought was a good sign. He'd been playing basketball an hour earlier, so I had one of the guys go and get me water, while another went to look for our camp nurse and EMT. I was able to get him to sip water and once he got water in him, he started coming around. He'd done the milk competition earlier and not had any water since then. He'd been running at the track and playing hoops, along with having thrown up a couple of times afterwards and dehydrated himself pretty badly. Nurse Jane, as always, took care of things, but it was a little freaky. I've never had a kid die on me, and I'm glad we didn't start today.

2 comments:

Will said...

Maybe next year you can get your dad to go to camp. He always does such a great job at making sure everyone is properly hydrated.

Jon said...

Also Dad is trained in advanced first aid.