Thursday, September 14, 2006

Calling All Kids

We have a big wooded lot behind our house that over the past few years has slowly been torn down and is being developed into houses. Over the past 6 years we've lived here, our kids have built forts, played games and tracked animals back there. Putting Madeline to bed tonight, I came across this flyer that she and her friend Julie put together to rally kids to not have the forest torn down:

Calling All Kids!!
Kids, we need your help! Here's a question: Do you want Nature Well I know that I sure want nature. If the workers make a lot of houses then we won't have room to make cool forts and stuff like that. Please make signs and banners for us. And here are some reasons I think we should keep nature:
1. You can build cool forts
2. Animals live there! Workers are destroying animals habitats!
3. The workers ruin nature
4. We can't play back there any more.
5. Keep the trees adn buses and that stuff!

Please help us!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

How absolutely adorable, and how absolutely filled with childhood innocence and the purest of intentions. You have some little activists on your hands. Bette save that piece of paper for when they are older and rallying for more causes! By the way, they can add my name to the list. I am in favor of forts! :)

Jon said...

Go back to California Hippie.

Sarah said...

You talkin' to me?