Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Rhythm

It's been a weird last month. As chaotic as my life can be, I keep a pretty regular rhythm to it. I have some very regular things that are normally non-negotiables in my world. Things like:
  • Getting up at 5AM to work out with the guys at Triad on Monday, Tuesday and Friday
  • Having my cup of coffee in the morning and spending time reading my bible, praying and journaling before work
  • Going to church on Sundays and being tightly connected into other church stuff happening, like our junior high youth group on Sundays mornings and Tuesdays.
  • Regular date nights with Cathie

I've worked out twice in the past four weeks. I've sat down in the morning and opened my bible maybe once. I finally went to church this past week after being gone for a month and done one date night with Cathie in October. Life was crazy last month. Between my Mom's death, going to Europe and our family vacation, it threw my life out of whack and it feels good to be getting into my regular rhythm of life again. I'm back to the gym, I sat down this morning and read my bible, I got a chance Sunday to go to church and hang with my junior high youth group kids (who are the greatest junior high kids in the world. They're just amazing and bring a giant smile to my face when I get to spend time with them) and I want to schedule a date night with Cathie. It feels good.

I'm traveling tomorrow for a couple of days and them I'm home, until I'm not.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I got a call from Pastor Maier today and he asked if I would meet with him today. He wants me to consider taking over our youth group. I have been a support person with the youth for about 12 years. Our youth guy is leaving in May because he is getting married and moving away.

There are a few issues I would like your opinion on. First off, I am old. No matter how you look at it, I am. I think the kids know I love them, but at some point, age counts. I know that I talked with your mom about this and she feels that age is important.

Not being trained makes me alittle nervous as well. He said he would send me to Willow Creek; they have youth training things there.

So, give me some feedback, will you?

Sherry

Jon said...

I agree 100% with you Sherry, you are old.

Anonymous said...

Jon,

Don't talk to your sister that way.

Anonymous said...

Anyone think that we should teach sherry how to use e-mail? Also, maybe get her a blogger account. By the way, the blogger spell check thinks blogger is spelled wrong.

Anonymous said...

I know, I know
Right after I wrote this I thought I should have emailed it. In fact, since Dave has not responded, I think I will email him. However, then I miss those wonderful sarcastic "Jon" remarks.

Anonymous said...

Don't encourage Jon...remember, he is the Lyrical Gangster, the Comment Master

Jon said...

Don't think of them as sarcastic, think of them as "witty".